Haskell platform

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 23 10:06:08 CEST 2013

They [happy,alex] are in <platform>/lib/extralibs/bin now for some reason. The HP installer should have added that to the PATH though.
Oh, thank you!  I never thought of looking there.  The installer didn't add it.

Mark, it would be amazingly helpful if http://www.haskell.org/platform/ had clear documentation about this!  At the moment

*         It's hard to find an authoritative list of what's in (a particular version of) HP.  I tried the "Comprehensive" link on the HP page, leading to http://www.haskell.org/platform/contents.html, and that did mention Happy and Alex, but in a general kind of way.

*         I tried "Documentation" which leads here http://lambda.haskell.org/platform/doc/current/start.html, but that doesn't have a list of what's in it.  (For the libraries part you can kind-of deduce it from the right hand column of the "libraries" link http://lambda.haskell.org/platform/doc/current/frames.html, but it's pretty indirect.

*         I couldn't find a list of what executable programs should be installed.

*         It would be really great to know where those executables live.

None of this is hard; maybe just no one has asked.  Thanks!

Simon