Changes in Hoopl

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Thu Aug 22 19:31:47 CEST 2013

Simon, you give this example:

   L1: ...blah blah...
       CondBranch e L1 L2

   L2: blah blah

and say that "(...) on the first iteration, we don't have any fact from L1. So for backwards analysis the client really must give us a bottom element. " I think this example does not actually demonstrate that we must have a bottom element, because if we have fact from L2 then we still don't need bottom in the same way we don't need it in forward analysis. We need bottom only when all entry facts are unknown.

Janek