Reproducible build recipes for GHC development VMs?

Austin Seipp aseipp at pobox.com
Wed Aug 21 16:52:27 CEST 2013

There has been some talk of some similar stuff in the IRC channel.

This would for example, be fantastic in combination with Vagrant[1], to
immediately provision a machine you can begin working with even on Windows.
Then you could have a GHC development environment up in minutes.

On a related note, I also have some (non public) Ansible playbooks that
will set up a Haskell development environment for Linux, but it's fairly
primitive and doesn't quite set up a working GHC checkout (yet.)

[1]: http://www.vagrantup.com/

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Ryan Newton <rrnewton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Returning to the topic discussed by Simon M. and others here:
>

> http://projects.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-platform/2009-July/000572.html
>
> This is my attempt at a script for bootstrapping a GHC-validating VM:
>

> http://parfunk.blogspot.com/2013/08/zero-to-ghc-development-in-ubuntu-vm-in.html
>
> Let me know if there's a better way, or if you'd like to help get this
> kind of thing into an even more accessible form (Amazon AMI, Chef recipe,
> etc).
>
> Cheers,
>   -Ryan

Regards,