Unit-testing of GHC code

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Fri Aug 2 17:31:49 CEST 2013

Thank you Ian - this indeed does the trick. But going a bit further I've encountered another problem. I need to run my computations in the Ghc session, because otherwise some actions fail with panic:

CmmCopyPropagationTest: CmmCopyPropagationTest: panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
  (GHC version 7.7.20130731 for i386-unknown-linux):
        v_unsafeGlobalDynFlags: not initialised

My understanding is that I can use runGhc function from Ghc module to run actions in Ghc monad and lift the result to IO monad. I'm having problems with the second paramter to runGhc function. Is there a robust way of obtaining that parameter so that the test is portable across machines (I want to make that test a part of the testsuite)?

Janek