[GHC DevOps Group] The future of Phabricator

Andres Löh andres at well-typed.com
Tue Oct 30 13:03:43 UTC 2018

Hi.

> Unfortunately, if I am not mistaken, GitLab also has a big problem. It requires the use of GitLab CI — i.e., we cannot use CircleCI and Appveyor with it. (At least, that is my current understanding. Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Just a clarification on this issue.

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that:

- Gitlab offers its own Gitlab CI, but it doesn't force you to use it,
  and doesn't prevent you from using other CI solutions.

- Web-based CI solutions have to specifically support Gitlab for you to
  be able to use them with Gitlab.

- To my knowledge, Appveyor supports Gitlab, but Circle and Travis
  currently do not. I know that there are issues open for these systems
  to support Gitlab, but I have no idea whether this is likely to happen
  anytime soon. For example, for Circle, the discussion seems to be
  here: https://circleci.com/ideas/?idea=CCI-I-248

Cheers,
  Andres

--
Andres Löh, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, http://www.well-typed.com

Registered in England & Wales, OC335890
118 Wymering Mansions, Wymering Road, London W9 2NF, England