[GHC DevOps Group] GHC 8.4.3 release, and release policies?

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Sun May 13 07:59:03 UTC 2018

Will Stack also be broken for other GHC versions on Ubuntu 18.04, or does
it only enable -g for 8.4+? i.e. even if we roll a new 8.4.3, will people
still using 8.2.x have problems?

The "purist" side of me agrees with you that this is a downstream issue.
However, Stack doesn't have its own builds of GHC unlike Ubuntu, so it
can't easily fix this by patching GHC. They could fix Stack to not use -g
on affected distros / GHC versions though.

Cheers
Simon