[GHC DevOps Group] State of CI

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 11:05:49 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:57 PM Boespflug, Mathieu <m at tweag.io> wrote:
> then we'd mark the github.com/ghc/ghc repo as
> "archived". This would make it a read-only copy available forever in
> the future, meaning that all existing links in the GHC codebase or
> elsewhere would continue to work.

I don't think you can genuinely make such strong claims regarding
"available forever" over services you don't have any control over.
Only when you self-host services and thus have actual control over the
domain name and provided service you can make reasonable claims about
future availability. This is one of the reasons why GHC HQ in the past
has preferred to self-host services to retain control for various
reasons, and I remain convinced that self-hosting is and remains our
best option.