[GHC DevOps Group] FreeBSD in Tier 1

Manuel M T Chakravarty manuel.chakravarty at tweag.io
Tue Oct 10 07:03:13 UTC 2017

[RESENT MESSAGE — see https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devops-group/2017-October/000004.html]

Hi Gábor, thanks a lot for clarifying the situation and also for continuing to provide advise about FreeBSD where your time allows. That is much appreciated.

Simon, Ben, this sounds to me very much like a Tier 2 commitment. May I suggest that we classify FreeBSD as Tier 2 until somebody else comes along who can commit to actively maintaining the platform and provide timely fixes (starting with fixing the current problems)?

Manuel

PS: I know, it would be perfect to provide great support for many platforms, but as it stands, we are having trouble with even the core ones.