[GHC DevOps Group] CircleCI job accounting question

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Dec 13 21:15:17 UTC 2017

Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> writes:

> On 12 December 2017 at 08:12, Manuel M T Chakravarty <
> manuel.chakravarty at tweag.io> wrote:
>
>> I completely agree.
>>
>> So, what is preventing us from disabling direct pushes to master and
>> requiring all contributions to go through a PR or Differential?
>>

> Well, CI needs to be working first :)
>
> Also Phabricator doesn't have the equivalent of a merge button right now,
> which makes the workflow a bit awkward. I'm not sure what the current state
> of that is - is there an extension or something we can enable to get this,
> Ben?

As far as I can tell the feature is still a prototype [1]. In
particular, I think that the lack of what the manual describes as "chain
of custody" renders the feature as-implemented rather useless to us
since it's not clear what will actually be landed.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabricator/article/differential_land/