[Hs-Generics] Call for Lightning Talks / Challenges, Workshop on Generic Programming 2012

Andres Löh andres.loeh at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 3 18:29:16 CEST 2012

CALL FOR LIGHTNING TALKS / CHALLENGES

At the Workshop on Generic Programming 2012 on Sunday, September 9, 2012,
we will have a discussion about

  OPEN PROBLEMS IN GENERIC PROGRAMMING

The goal is to present and discuss one or more concrete examples where
existing tools, libraries or mechanisms for generic programming in various
programming languages fail.

If you have the feeling that despite its promises, generic programming has
failed to deliver, then this is your chance to step up and explain to the
community what you would like to do, but currently cannot.

We hope that this discussion will inspire the researchers within the
community to work on the problems that will be proposed.

If you have a challenge, please contact the workshop organizers by mail.
We are offering a number of lightning talk slots to present the challenge
to the audience as an introduction to the general discussion.

Even if you cannot participate in the workshop, but have a challenge that
is easy enough to describe, please contact us and if time permits we might
try to present it.

Ronald Garcia and Andres Loeh
Workshop co-chairs