[Hs-Generics] EMGM for GHC 6.12

Hans Peter Würmli wurmli at hispeed.ch
Tue Oct 5 00:36:30 EDT 2010

I tried to install EMGM from Hackagedb under ghc 6.12.1 (Debian
Packages). The process ends with:

"...
Building packedstring-0.1.0.1...

Data/PackedString.hs:83:7:
    Could not find module `Data.Data':
      It is a member of the hidden package `base'.
      Perhaps you need to add `base' to the build-depends in your .cabal
file.
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
emgm-0.3.1 depends on packedstring-0.1.0.1 which failed to install.
packedstring-0.1.0.1 failed during the building phase. The exception
was:
ExitFailure 1
template-haskell-2.3.0.1 depends on packedstring-0.1.0.1 which failed to
install."

Also I noticed that the last upload was version 0.3.1. Is the library
still under maintenance?

Cheers

Hans Peter