[Hs-Generics] Re: Generics

José Pedro Magalhães jpm at cs.uu.nl
Fri Nov 21 10:29:39 EST 2008

Hello Simon,

Thanks for pointing these out to me. I won't be able to look into this for
the next week, but from what I could see so far, #2760 seems easy: copy
mkNorepType to mkNoRepType, mark mkNorepType as deprecated and replace usage
everywhere to avoid warnings and pass validation. I can submit the patch for
this.

#2759 has some deeper implications, though. Replacing the FloatConstr Double
by FloatConstr Rational might break existing client code (even though it
probably wouldn't be too hard to fix it). Additionally, I see that the
serializer code in compiler/utils/Serialized.hs would also need changes
(it's no longer serializing a Double). But I guess this is also not too
problematic...

Cheers,
Pedro