[Hs-Generics] Re: Owning SYB

Johan Jeuring johanj at cs.uu.nl
Mon Jul 28 17:37:30 EDT 2008

Dear Claus, Simon and others,

>> [I'm spamming libraries at haskell.org too, in case anyone interested
>> in generics is not on generics at haskell.org.]
>
> Given the low number of responders on generics@, it may well be easier
> to continue on libraries@, cc-ing anyone on generics@ who isn't on
> libraries at .

I know we have been rather quiet, but please keep mailing to the
generics list.

As a reaction to Simon's request, we have been discussing (among
ourselves) whether or not to take over SYB support in Utrecht.

At the moment we are working on a release of a version of EMGM, and a
new library base on type families and GADTs (about which we have
written a TR available via http://www.cs.uu.nl/research/techreps/UU-CS-2008-019.html)
. I think the general feeling is that it would be a good thing to also
release/maintain SYB, but we want to talk about this a bit more, and
right now I am in Birmingham for a conference. I'll be back in Utrecht
on Thursday, and we can discuss it then. Hopefully we can respond
shortly after Thursday.

Kind regards,

Johan