[Hs-Generics] Request for support letters

Stephanie Weirich sweirich at cis.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 26 09:23:59 EDT 2006

Hi all,

In a few weeks, I plan to send off a proposal for funding to help
with the Generic library development. I intend to apply to a
"research infrastructure" program designed to support projects that,
though not specifically research themselves, will aid a community of
researchers. As part of that proposal, I need to demonstrate that
there is a community of researchers that is interested in the
outcome: the best way to do that is to include a set of letters of
support from community members.

Can I get each of you to send me a short letter that describes your
interest in this Generic library? (Why it is important, how you might
use it in your own work, etc.) The letters don't have to be long,
just a paragraph or two. Many short letters are much better than a
few long ones. Please send the letters straight to me (via email) and
I'll forward them with my proposal.

Many thanks in advance,

Stephanie