[Hs-Generics] patch applied (generics): LIGD tests

Stephanie Weirich sweirich at cis.upenn.edu
Thu Nov 9 10:56:37 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've finally got my darcs permissions straightened out and had the
chance to push the small testsuite
that I worked out a little while ago. As I described in my last
email, this set includes five examples
in the the testsuite directory for both LIGD.examples and
SYB1&2.examples.

testsuite/
   geq
   gshow
   bits
   foldTree
   paradise

Each directory contains a Makefile, source code in Main.hs or
Main.lhs, auxiliary files and
sample output in test.stdout. Code that is common to many tests is in
the ~/teststuite directory.
Typing "make" in each directory should compile, run and diff the
test. Unfortunately,
I don't have a script to run all of the tests at once.

I've tested these examples with ghc 6.5.20060608 on my Intel Mac, as
well as with ghc on
my windows machine at home. (I don't know which version of Ghc off
hand.)  If you have
trouble compiling or running any of the examples, let me know.

Feel free to add new examples to this testsuite, in a separate
directory. Also feel free
to update these examples if you can think of a better way to use that
example to demonstrate
a particular approach. (For example, gshow for LIGD doesn't currently
produce the same
output as show, so I don't think it is really demonstrating the
expressiveness of LIGD.)

Enjoy,

Stephanie