[Freebsd-haskell] Plans for upgrade of lang/ghc to 7.10.2?

Martin Sugioarto martin at sugioarto.com
Sat Aug 8 12:47:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

it has been already a while since GHC release 7.10.1, now we already
have 7.10.2. Is there a reason why it is not in ports? The GHC website
offers binary packages, so the build should work.

I wonder if there are many lib/API incompatibilities, because I need
things like Xmonad working or I would lose my desktop. ;)

Experiences? Would it be better to have lang/ghc710 or upgrade the
lang/ghc port? What are your plans here? Or have FreeBSD porters lost
their interest in Haskell generally?

--
Martin Sugioarto