[Freebsd-haskell] wxhaskell on freebsd?

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 19 03:09:21 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Tim Matthews <tim.matthews7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone ever got wxhaskell to work on freebsd?

Yep, I have used it with 6.10.4 back then in February.

I added GHC 6.10.4 (lang/ghc) and wxGTK 2.8.10
(x11-toolkits/wxgtk28-unicode) together with their dependencies from
the Ports Collection, installed a fresh cabal-install (0.8.0) manually
from sources, added ~/.cabal/bin to my PATH (having wxdirect), removed
the latest Cabal library (1.8.0.2) from my ~/.cabal directory with
`ghc-pkg unregister Cabal` (since it will not build wxHaskell) then
issued `cabal update && cabal install wx` (though it requires a
symbolic link from wx-config to wxgtk2u-2.8-config).

After then, I managed to compile and run the example sources (Hello.hs
and BouncingBalls.hs) from the wxHaskell Wiki without any problems.

I do not know whether it works with GHC 6.12.2 though.

Cheers,
:g