[Freebsd-haskell] status of 6.12?

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 5 07:16:17 EST 2010

On 03/04/10 02:04, Ashish SHUKLA wrote:
> IIRC, it built fine without any issues, other than the tinderbox issue
> reported by Gabor.

Well, I think there are also some glitches left in the Makefile you
published so I would clean them up before committing (and bootstrap
filenames needed to be changed as well, but it is okay).  For example
(around line 248):

246:         @${ECHO} >> ${WRKSRC}/mk/build.mk
"EXTRA_CABAL_CONFIGURE_FLAGS += --extra-lib-dirs=${LOCALBASE}/lib"
247:         @${ECHO} >> ${WRKSRC}/mk/build.mk "BIN_DIST_NAME =
ghc-\$$(ProjectVersion)-boot"
248:         @${ECHO} >> ${WRKSRC}/mk/build.mk "BIN_DIST_TAR  =
ghc-\$$(ProjectVersion)-amd64-ash0-freebsd8-boot.tar"
249:         -@${RM} ${BOOT_DIR}/mk/build.mk
250:
251: #post-build:
252: #       @(cd ${WRKSRC} && ${GMAKE} binary-dist)
253: #
254: #do-install:
255: #       @${NONE}

Frankly, satisfying the needs of a Tinderbox is PITA sometimes but it
has been worth so far.  And it is lot smaller PITA than having
complaints after things have been committed to the tree.

Anyway, until we are ready, everybody can use the "unofficial" port and
bootstraps at one's own risk.  It builds fine most of the time but there
might be problems.

Cheers,
:g