[Freebsd-haskell] freebsd.haskell.org

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 8 14:33:24 EST 2010

Hello there,

Recently there has been some arguments about what to do with
freebsd.haskell.org as it is unavailable and unmaintained at the
moment.  I volunteer to rework the site and make it available for the
effort members to place information (especially news) on how to do
Haskell on FreeBSD, what things are ported, how to create ports, etc.

We had some informal brainstorming on IRC a few days ago, and based on
them, I can offer the following:

- Move the site to a server under my administration [1].  It is located
in Debrecen, Hungary, at the University of Debrecen (my alma mater).  It
has great international network connectivity, I can access the machine
physically directly if needed.  There are redundant storage and
periodical backups.  It is already a "member" of the FreeBSD network,
and of course it runs FreeBSD.

- Port gitit wiki [2] with all of its dependencies to FreeBSD and host
the site based on that.  Therefore we could have a wiki-based site,
where registered members could post and maintain information easily.  I
would also offer direct SSH access, so the gitit server could be managed
even without me.

- While the porting is going on and if you think it is a good idea, it
would be beneficial to draft a layout for the future wiki in advance, so
we can start to build the site as soon as it becomes possible.

Cheers,
:g

[1] http://www.hu.freebsd.org/
[2] http://gitit.net/