[Freebsd-haskell] GHC 6.12.2 out!!

Ashish SHUKLA wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 06:55:12 EDT 2010

Gabor PALI writes:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Ashish SHUKLA <wahjava.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bootstrap tarballs, you meant ?

> No.  Tarballs similar to Linux ones on the official home page.  This
> way early adopters on FreeBSD can experiment with GHC 6.12.2 without
> requiring them to do the necessary compilation manually.  Obviously
> this will not include dependency checking as it is not a fully-fledged
> port, but it can be used without special permissions.

Well, they're the bootstrap tarballs, which port downloads and installs
temporarily in 'work' directory to bootstrap installation.

> It is different from a bootstrap tarball since it will include
> profiled libraries, pre-built documentation etc, though it can be used
> as a bootstrap.  I would be happy to see a lang/ghc-devel port
> featuring GHC 6.12, so it can be taken as a step towards that.

Yeah, me too...:)

And what about schedule of IRC meetings ?

Ashish
--
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety.