[Freebsd-haskell] [ANNOUNCE] ghc-6.10.4 for FreeBSD on i386

Ashish SHUKLA wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 03:37:05 EDT 2009

Jacula Modyun writes:
> Hi everyone, ;-)

Hi,

> the time of ghc-6.10.4 is arrived for FreeBSD and I hope someone can
> contribute to debug and to test the built pachset. I opened the following
> list of PRs:

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/137055
> ports/137055 [patch]: update of lang/ghc from the 6.8.3 version to the 6.10.4 version

Why there is no support for amd64 version in the port ? Any compile-time
errors or runtime errors ? Or didn't have any amd64 box to build it ?

Anyways, I'm trying to build ghc-6.10.4 for amd64 on my 8.0-BETA2
(amd64) box and getting error about missing library 'haskeline' even
though I've installed it from its tarball. I'm using ghc-6.8.3 available
in ports to install it. ghc-pkg --global list confirms the presence of
library. Any ideas what I might be missing ?

Following is the configure line I'm using:

#v+
% LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" ./configure
  --prefix=/usr/local/ghc-6.10.4 --with-gmp-includes=/usr/local/include
  --with-gmp-libraries=/usr/local/lib
#v-

I'm using libedit included in the FreeBSD base system.

Thanks in advance

Ashish SHUKLA
--
One day the King decided that he would force all his subjects to tell the
truth.  A gallows was erected in front of the city gates.  A herald announced,