[Fieldtrip] Terrible difficulty installing relevant packages

Søren Renner soren.renner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 19:30:53 EST 2010

I cannot install reactive or reactive-glut from Cabal. I cannot install them
by compiling from darcs. I cannot install "yi" by either method. The
unstable debian repositories, the cababl repositories, and the darcs source
repositories cannot be used together. In general what happens is that darcs
source installation fails because haskell base packages are not present in
high enough versions. Yet I cannot install the base packages from darcs
source.

I DID get haskell and glut working, so I can run gears.hs.

Please advise me.