[Fieldtrip] Adding lighting to FieldTrip

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Thu Dec 11 16:14:53 EST 2008

In TBAG, ActiveVRML/DirectAnimation, and Fran, I embedded lights into
geometry, which allows them to be spatially transformed.  Looking in
Graphics.FieldTrip.Geometry3, you'll see a comment placeholder for lights.

OpenGL is a temporary implementation convenience, so I wouldn't design the
API around it.  If more lights get added to a geometry than the current
implementation can handle, we can document the limitation and drop some of
them at run-time.

  - Conal