addForeignPtrFinalizer - finalizers run in FIFO or LIFO order?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Aug 17 22:29:34 CEST 2012

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012, Edward Z. Yang wrote:

> No. 1 question: do you have a reproduceable test case of both behaviors?

Unfortunately I was not able to reduce it to a small test. Below a certain
complexity the problem vanishes. Currently my example has many
dependencies on external libraries (libav etc.) :-(
   Thus I hoped I could approach the problem from a different direction. If
there are different ways to run the finalizers of a ForeignPtr then I
could check them. I could not find something suspicious in
base:GHC.ForeignPtr, though.