FFI, DLL Linking, Windows Haskell Platform 2010

Nabil Alsharif blit32 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:55:34 CEST 2011

Thank you very Mr. Thielemann. I got everything working under linux, ghc
links to distorm and the library compiles and works. After a little
investigation I found out that, under windows, distorm is compiled using
MSVC and I had used MSVC to compile the test C program I had written to
make sure I could link to distorm before I started messing with ghc and
FFI. The catch is that if I try to compile the test C program with gcc
under windows it fails :-(. So I guess in the end this want really a ghc
issue and it's more of a microsoft awesomeness issue, and made worse by
distorm's support for mingw being broken.

Thanks for the Cabal link, I'm gonna write a Cabal package for this
sooner or later.

The reason for using distorm is because we need to replace the
disassembler pack with something more versatile.

Nabil Alsharif.