help on win32

James Mitchell jimdesu at
Sat Apr 16 13:05:11 EDT 2005

> You can also try the IRC channel #haskell at
> for
> real-time help.
Thanks, I'll get an IRC client and give that a try.

> I not sure now linking on done on a windows box but
> aren't you
> supposed to use '-lLibName'?
No, if you do, it will complain, "can't find
'-lLibName'".  I don't know why, since it's a port of
the same program....

> Google finds a number of binding to Berkely DB. Have
> you tried those?
I found the MissingH binding, which looks ok, but
doesn't  expose what I want to use; for instance it's
I/O is string-only, and doesn't have cursor support.
Besides, while I'm not a great Haskell hacker, I'm
pretty ok in C++, and figure I can contribute to the
community via making bindings available, and will
probably think of other things I also want to
integrate to, so I really want to learn the FFI.

|   James Mitchell     |  |
|When the shoe fits, the foot is forgotten; when|
|the belt fits, the belly is forgotten; when the|
|heart is right, "for" and "against" are        |
|forgotten. -- Chuang Tzu                       |

Yahoo! Mail Mobile