ANN: H98 FFI Addendum 1.0, Release Candidate 13

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Oct 31 11:51:52 EST 2003

Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:
> [...] For the second time...I consider
> Version 1.0 of the FFI Addendum to be completed; no changes
> except linguistic ones and plain error corrections will be
> accepted anymore for this version.

Never say never... The signatures for peekElemOff and pokeElemOff in the
report are less general than the ones in fptools/libraries/base:

    peekElemOff :: Storable a => Ptr a -> Int -> IO a

vs.

    peekElemOff :: Storable a => Ptr b -> Int -> IO a

(same for pokeElemOff). The latter is more flexible and is more in line with
the signatures of plusPtr/minusPtr. Furthermore, changing such a basic function
would probably break quite a lot of code, so I propose to change the report,
not the libraries.

Cheers,
    S.