ANN: H98 FFI Addendum 1.0, Release Candidate 10

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu May 22 05:44:25 EDT 2003

I have incorporated the feedback to RC 9 into RC 10, which
you can get, as always, from

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/ffi/

I also tracked the addition of `FinalizerPtr' in fptools.
If there are no further suggestions, I will post RC 10 on
the main list for final (hopefully!) review.

-=- Changes since RC 9

* 1:     Mentioning interaction with foreign threads as an open problem.
* 2 & 3: Removed `threadsafe' again, as the proposal for thread support is
         still evolving and it is not yet clear whether a new safety level
         is required.
* 5.5:   Added the type synonym `FinalizerPtr' and rewrite the documentation
         of finalizers.
* 5.6:   Clarified the description of `StablePtr'
* 5.8:   Added `finalizerFree'
* 6.2:   All the types in CTypes must be newtypes that are exported
         abstractly.