How to access defines and enums in a convenient way?

Martin Norbäck d95mback at dtek.chalmers.se
Fri Jun 6 05:08:29 EDT 2003

I am doing some wrappers for c functions, and I need to access defines,
enums, and structs.

I am doing this by writing access functions in c, so that I can call
them from Haskell.

Is there a way to write this c code inline in the Haskell module? Since
any implementation of FFI must do this via C anyway (to access the
header files), it could simply inline the code as well.

It's a bit of a bother to have to specify the object files for the
access functions when compiling a Haskell program, especially since I am
writing library modules and the program using the library shouldn't need
to bother with extra object files.

Regards,

	Martin

Martin Norbäck          d95mback at dtek.chalmers.se
Kapplandsgatan 40       +46 (0)708 26 33 60
S-414 78  GÖTEBORG      http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/
SWEDEN                  OpenPGP ID: 3FA8580B