New Bound Threads Proposal

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller at gmx.net
Fri Apr 25 11:19:03 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Yesterday evening I was experimenting with an electronic circuit, and
the fumes from the soldering must have entered my brain and triggered
something there - I've thought up a new proposal, which I like much
better than the old one.
It no longer requires extending the FFI syntax; instead, it uses just
one new combinator.
It can be implemented as efficiently as the previous proposal.
The proposal is described in detail in the new "Part II" of the
haskell-report/ffi/threads.tex document (in CVS).
For everyone's convenience, I've put up a typesetted version again at:

http://www.uni-graz.at/imawww/haskell/threads.pdf

Everyone please tell me what you think.

Cheers,

Wolfgang