exporting functions which raise exceptions

Alastair Reid reid at cs.utah.edu
Wed Jun 12 21:43:02 EDT 2002

> We discussed this before and agreed that any uncaught exception in a
> call back from C to Haskell land aborts the program.  If the
> exceptions is to be propagated from the call back to the main
> application, it is the FFI user's responsibility to arrange this.

> (I believe that this is actually noted somewhere in the current
> spec, if it isn't it should, though.)

I couldn't see it in the spec and I'm working on the code that
implements it at the moment so I thought I'd check instead of assuming
or relying on a (probably imperfect) scan of the mail archives.

Unless responses to my requests for clarification point to particular
sections in the spec., I intend to amend the spec. to match responses.
(I decided to hold off on modifications to the spec until I have a
complete implementation that passes a reasonably large set of tests
rather than doing it a bit at a time and getting bits wrong because I
lack a complete enough picture.)

--
Alastair Reid        reid at cs.utah.edu        http://www.cs.utah.edu/~reid/