FFI Addendum, CVS Id 1.19

Manuel M. T. Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Oct 30 05:31:44 EST 2001

Hi Folks,

A revised version of the FFI Addendum including all issues
of the last discussion is now available from

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/ffi.ps.gz

(and from haskell.org's CVS repository).

As far as I am concerned, the document is now ready for a
Request for Comments by the Haskell community at large.
Attached is a short list of points concerning recent changes
that you may want to check.

-=-

New stuff to check
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Section 5.10: Extended handling of IOError (slight variant
  of SimonM's proposal)

* Section 6: hs_init() & friends

Open points
* Interaction of FFI Addendum with Libraries Addendum: I
  propose to *not* mention anything about the new libraries
  hierarchy now.  The Libraries Addendum will have to give a
  mapping of old to new names for all standard modules
  anyway.  I'd rather have the names for the FFI modules
  in the Libraries Addendum.