Again: FFI syntax

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Tue May 29 12:48:37 EDT 2001

Tue, 29 May 2001 10:37:54 +0200, Sven Panne <Sven_Panne at BetaResearch.de> pisze:

> Just to restate my position: I'm against *always* wrapping the header file name
> in double quotes, unless
>
>    #include "foo/bar.h"
>
> implies
>
>    #include <foo/bar.h>
>
> if the first form is not found.

It does, but having "" and (ab)using it to mean <> would be bad -
if the current directory happens to contain a file with such name
then confusion begins.

I propose adding implicit "" if <> are not given explicitly.
As -#include in ghc does (it looks for "" or <> and adds "" if neither
is found; it might even not be necessary to allow explicit "" at all,
only explicit <> or implicit "").

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak at knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/