FFI Definition

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed May 2 08:02:17 EDT 2001

| >         language specific stuff inside the "..." string
| >         language independent stuff outside
|
| But static/dynamic probably means different things, depending
| on the callconv.

I think it's arguable that static/dynamic should be inside the ext_ent
string.  Indeed, one might use static/dynamic for ccall, and
virtual/non-virtual/static for Java, etc.  "Baking in" static/dynamic
for all languages may be inappropriate.

Nevertheless, you propose keeping 'mode' outside the ext_ent string.
Why?  (Apart from backward compat.)

Also should 'label' be there?  Doesn't make sense for Java, does it?