DLL spec [ was: FFI Report, CVS Id 1.5 ]

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Jun 23 01:57:36 EDT 2001

On 18-Jun-2001, Sven Panne <Sven_Panne at BetaResearch.de> wrote:
> Manuel wrote:
> > [...] I'd prefer to complicate the ccall entity description
> > slightly and go for
> >
> >         foreign import ccall "myheader.h foo at mylib" foo :: Int -> Int
> >
> > [...] Any objections?
>
> I'd favour this, too. Just a very minor note: If there is a "::"-syntax
> for this already on .NET, we should adopt this instead of "@". I'm not
> sure about this or similar lexical conventions on other platforms, though.

.NET is a runtime platform, it doesn't really have any syntax.

There is a convention for using "." for namespace separators that is
pretty much baked into the system.  But apart from that, there's no
syntax save what programming languages decide upon.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.