freeHaskellFunctionPtr

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Wed Jan 3 18:47:18 EST 2001

Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:31:43 -0700, Alastair Reid <reid at cs.utah.edu> pisze:

> Which is all just my long-winded way of saying I agree with Simon
> that we should not do this.  Even if f.e.d. could return nullFunPtr,
> we should not do this because we can express it better using a Maybe.

I retrieve the value from a C struct, so I can't just use Maybe.
I must explicitly compare with nullFunPtr, which is not a big deal,
but IMHO the only sensible thing freeHaskellFunPtr could do with
a null pointer is to ignore it, rather than crashing.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak at knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/