Summary of current change suggestions

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Thu Feb 22 14:34:52 EST 2001

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:27:20 -0700, Alastair Reid <reid at cs.utah.edu> pisze:

> In fact, I expect that having dlopen do a search through the
> libraries that it thinks are relevant instead of Hugs performing a
> search through the list of libraries that it knows to be relevant
> probably makes things worse because it increases the gap between
> the programmer's mental model and what actually happens.

Unider Linux it needs not to be specified in which library a symbol
is defined. It's enough to say: #include these headers, link in
these libraries, and you will get the following functions. (And even
libraries need not to be specified by name, as in gtk+ example.) So we
can't *require* specifying the exact library for individual functions.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak at knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/