Summary of current change suggestions

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at
Wed Feb 21 02:14:31 EST 2001

Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:01:48 +1100, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty <chak at> pisze:

> So, how about the following.

I must admit that I like my own proposal better :-)

> So, as Marcin pointed out, the only use for a library object
> spec for ccall is so that interpreters know which handle to
> pass to dlsym().  I am not too fond of the idea that the
> interpreter has to try a dlsym() on all library objects that
> it did dlopen().  Or is this maybe not too bad?

As I see in ghc/rts/Linker.c, in the ELF case dlopen (NULL, RTLD_LAZY)
and dlopen (filename, RTLD_NOW | RTLD_GLOBAL) can be used to let the
linker find the library for each symbol. I don't know about Windows DLLs.

 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak at
  ^^                      SYGNATURA ZASTÊPCZA