Typing f.e.d.

Alastair Reid reid at cs.utah.edu
Mon Feb 12 11:22:12 EST 2001

> Yes, Addr is dead.  So, allowing Addr in f.e.d., or anywhere
> else for that matter, can only be for reasons of temporary
> backward compatibility.

Please note that this temporary backward compatability happens to be an
important part of most ffi code currently in existence (at least, all the code
that I know and/or care about).  I guess you all know this but I just want to
make sure that you don't break working code in the rush to move forwards.

Alastair

ps I have a feeling of feeping creaturism as I watch this list - a nice simple
design seems to be getting more complex.