Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at
Thu Feb 8 00:08:59 EST 2001

Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:33:01 +1100, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty <chak at> pisze:

> Hmmm, signature-wise, it doesn't seem that easy (without
> introducing too much clutter).

OK, I forgot that throwIf takes the monadic computation as an argument
and nothingIf takes the value.

I still think that nothingIf would be too rarely used. Including every
possible convenience wrapper makes the library too big, harder to
maintain, harder to find functions in it, harder to understand code
which uses so many different functions etc. This one is definitely
not that necessary.

It would fit better into the Maybe module, as a reverse of the maybe
function. (And btw, void should go to module Monad.)  I know that it
can't happen now because these modules are Haskell98...

 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak at
  ^^                      SYGNATURA ZASTÊPCZA