FFI progress

Mike Thomas miketh at brisbane.paradigmgeo.com
Sun Apr 8 22:59:40 EDT 2001

Hi all.

Sorry to butt in as an interloper who hasn't followed the entire strand of

> > Is anyone actually specifying
> >
> > stdcall
> > ccall
> >
> > calling conventions in a foreign import?
> hslibs/win32/Win32Dialogue.gc uses stdcall.

> I imagine there will also be a lot of stdcall stuff in HDirect generated
> wrappers for COM components.

> ps I think "stdcall" is also known as "pascal".  Don't know if that helps
>  story on viewing C as two languages though - you're going to have a hard
>  persuading people to view COM methods as though they were written in
Pascal :-)

In case you aren't aware of this, Windows DLL's by default, (actually
always, as far as I know) use the stdcall (Pascal) calling convention.

I personally hope that you won't drop anything which facilitates using
Haskell under Windows.

Mike Thomas.