[Fedora-haskell] [FYI] ghc now in Fedora Extras

Jens Petersen petersen at haskell.org
Wed Jun 1 01:45:10 EDT 2005

I'm very excited to announce that ghc has finally been included
in Fedora Extras. :-)

The current package is ghc-6.4-1%{dist} which is less than
what is currently in Fedora Haskell (ghc-6.4-7).
(There is no real difference between the two packages
currently so there is no need to "upgrade" to the
Extras package yet, though the next build will probably
be greater than 6.4-7.)

Since ghc is rather heavy to build/download/mirror though,
I will probably still do initial builds for Fedora Haskell
and push stable changes gradually to Fedora Extras.

For more information on using Fedora Extras see
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsingExtras>.

Next I'm planning to contribute haddock (needed to build
ghc's documentation of course) and darcs to Extras. :)
Other contributors are of course most welcome.

If you have any questions or concerns about this,
free to ask.

Jens