[Fedora-haskell] Installing wxhaskell.

Jens Petersen petersen at haskell.org
Sat Apr 2 07:03:43 EST 2005

Hi Andrae,

Andrae Muys wrote:

> I am running a Fedora Core 3 x86 box and attempting to install
> wxhaskell-ghc622 without success.  Specifically it is obvious that I
> need to find libwx_gtk2-2.4.so and libwx_gtk2_gl-2.4.so.  Which package,
> from which repository, have people installed these base libraries?

Good question - this should really be documented somewhere...

The wxhaskell package is built against the wxGTK package from
Fedora Extras.  If you add say /etc/yum.repos.d/extras.repo
containing:

[extras]
name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Extras

and try to "sudo yum install wxhaskell-ghc622" again you should be all set. :)

Cheers, Jens