[database-devel] Welcome to database-devel!

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue May 8 22:40:31 CEST 2012

Hello!
My interest stems from work I'm doing currently that includes trying to
design a nice data frame (a la R) as a library that leverages all of
haskell's good parts. Depending on how the overall project that I'm doing
this for evolves, I might try to grow it into a general (ish) purpose db as
a library.

My interest (via the data frame project) stems from thinking that there is
no nice end to end tool chain from db / data store -> machine learning /
mathematical modellibng -> other things (datavis / actions / various other
things) and experimenting with trying to put my thoughts on this whole
process together

on a more near term and prosaic side, I've a few projects in their nascent
stages that need their algorithmic cores to be written in haskell (for
reasons of correctness and really needing to have things work right) where
I'll also need a gis capable DB, so I hope to help contribute to that part
of the eco system, whether by contribing small
things towards postgres-simple or otherwise.

I"m really excited about this list!
-Carter