[database-devel] Arrays and postgresql-simple

Leon Smith leon.p.smith at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 01:18:12 CEST 2012

Ok,  I really want to get the TypeInfo structure more or less "correct"
before we release this work.

After reviewing the documentation regarding the pg_type table,  I think it
would be a mistake to "mandate" an interpretation of the table in the new
TypeInfo structure,  as my suggested TypeInfo would do.   Rather, I think
it would be better to represent (part of) the pg_type table faithfully,
closer to what Bas originally did.   However,  I do think it should be a
properly recursive type.

So my new suggestion for the TypeInfo structure is this:

data TypeInfo = TypeInfo
    { typoid      :: {-# UNPACK #-} !PQ.Oid
    , typcategory :: {-# UNPACK #-} !Char
    , typdelim    :: {-# UNPACK #-} !Char