Forging the consensus about the Custom proposal

Mikolaj Konarski mikolaj at well-typed.com
Fri Feb 2 13:27:48 UTC 2024

Hello,

Well-Typed reports that after the long discussion/iteration process
the Cabal The Library portion of the Custom proposal as described at

https://github.com/haskellfoundation/tech-proposals/pull/60

is "subject to change based on feedback but otherwise we are content with it"
and that the preliminary experiments with the prototype implementation
produce promising results. The pace of the conversation in the proposal PR
seems to have slowed down as well.

What could help us reach the consensus regarding the proposal and move on
to finalizing and reviewing its implementation (and then to cabal-install)?
If in-person video meetings would help, I'd gladly organize some
(also for the next stages if it's too early at this point).

Thoughts, ideas?

Cheers,
Mikolaj