Sovereign Tech Fund application

Adam Gundry adam at well-typed.com
Thu Jun 29 14:52:27 UTC 2023

Hi Cabal Devs,

I've been working with Duncan, Mikolaj and others at Well-Typed on a
grant application to the Sovereign Tech Fund
(https://sovereigntechfund.de/en/), to try to raise funds for Cabal
maintenance in general, and pushing forward the replacement of the
custom build-type in particular (based on a plan from Duncan).

Unfortunately we're scrambling to get this ready on a fairly tight
schedule (the application deadline is next week), which is why we've not
been able to discuss this more widely before now. But if you're
interested to see what we are planning, the draft proposal is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-pIdxPbHjbN_rLN72gzCoe_hpEXXrWzmPuFxO8VseHs/edit?usp=sharing

Any feedback you may have (preferably by comments on the document) would
be most welcome. Hopefully none of this is particularly controversial,
but if you see anything incorrect or problematic, please do let us know.
I'll be away next week, so one of the others will be finishing off the
draft and submitting it.

Best wishes,

Adam

--
Adam Gundry, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, https://www.well-typed.com/

Registered in England & Wales, OC335890
27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX, England