[Haskell-cafe] cabal 3.8 pre-released!

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Sat Jun 4 08:30:18 UTC 2022

On 03/06/2022 19.14, Carter Schonwald wrote:
> This looks great!
>
> Is the solver being factored out as its own package a new architecture
> change ?

For any people who like VCS speklunking it started around

       1d101e65fba107c1759bfe53df0f0833635a2c5f

I'm sure there was much pondering and hawwing and hemming before that
but... that commit is my only claim to fame in Cabal history. I gave up
trying to make things happen in Cabal a year or so later. There was
*soooo* much analysis paralysis that I just couldn't... :(

Happy to see the project being more active these days :). At least
that's what it looks like from the outside.