Upgrading Stack to Cabal 2.2

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 14:18:21 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
> If I could make a request, it would be that, in
> the future, new runtime behavior come with a new function name, to convert
> runtime errors into compile time errors.

Well, this is one of the primary reasons we have the PVP, so we can
signal semantic changes via major version bumps even if the types
don't change, and avoid cluttering the APIs with new names everytime
we want to change semantics. Let's use the benefits of the PVP instead
of trying to ways to undermine the purpose of PVP.