new cabal install binaries

Mikhail Glushenkov mikhail.glushenkov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:09:13 UTC 2017

Hi Gershom,

On 4 December 2017 at 02:08, Gershom B <gershomb at gmail.com> wrote:
> when we build the new platform we're going to have new cabal-install
> binaries for 2.0.1.0. It would be better if we provided the same ones
> as provided on the cabal website. Is there anyone lined up to build
> any of these, or would you like the platform team to provide you with
> the binaries we build as well?

Usually it's me who builds the Linux and Windows binaries. I'll do
that today or tomorrow. Note that I'll be using the just released
Cabal-2.0.1.1 instead of Cabal-2.0.1.0 that comes with GHC 8.2.2.

> (i know i've done mac in the past, and
> will happily do so again, but typically there have been other sources
> for linux and windows binaries).

If you could send me a Mac binary of cabal-install-2.0.0.1 compiled
against Cabal-2.0.1.1, that'd be appreciated. Or you can just upload a
compressed tar.xz to
https://www.haskell.org/cabal/release/cabal-install-2.0.0.1/.